[NTLK] Isaacs Dates vs. TimeTraxx? [was Re: iambic

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 09:04:32 PST

>Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 07:15:19 +0100
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] No sweat, old chum! / Isaacs Dates [was Re: iambic
>From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
>
>on 1/31/04 2:28 PM, DJ Vollkasko at DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net wrote:
>
> > P.S.: Stil wondering about "Isaacs Dates: Just how good is this app (or
> > not)? How is it better or
> > different than other Dates apps?" - what do other Dates managers have that
> > makes them preferable?
>
>My question is, where did you find Isaac's Dates? I haven't seen it for
>years... I remember it back in the days of NOS 1.x, but haven't really heard
>much since then. Did you find a download of it?

No, I just bought a batch of NOS-apps off Ebay (MPG, ActionNames, RCU...)
and Isaacs Dates was there in the original box with manual.

>In any case, a similar program is TimeTraxx. It is still available, albeit a
>bit expensive. :-)

Okay, then the paid-for Isaac's beats TimeTraxx. And any additional bang
can be added by my new Action Names.

> However, it is one of the most beautiful and functional
>Dates replacements out there, without adding all the extras that MI, DateMan
>and Action Names do.

What does it do, are there screenshots online somewhere?

>As for Isaac's Dates, I haven't seen it in ages, and
>couldn't find anything solid on it just now via Google...

It adds a new Dates view, which shows a whole month and every day is a
line, the dates show as time-bands in each days line - so you immediately
see how many dates you have, when and how long they are. Tapping a date
gives you time & title, and you can check any additional notes and see who
else is involved in that date. Plus you can display if a day has to-dos or
anniversaries. Quick entry of new dates, too.
    Seems nice enough and doesn't replace anything - you can always use the
build-in views.

Info: The manual gives this website http://www.rindle.de , but that's not
really satisfying. The wayback machine has the old company website. In
English, they offered only Isaac's Dates and Isaac's Names (see
http://web.archive.org/web/20000410112026/www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/index_en.html
). In German Rindle & Partners offered those two in German plus
<http://web.archive.org/web/20000303203159/http://www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/ITools_de.html>Isaacs
<http://web.archive.org/web/20000303203159/http://www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/ITools_de.html>Zubehör
(calendar weeks, conversion tables, some telco-calculator),
<http://web.archive.org/web/20000303203159/http://www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/Office_de.html>Isaacs
<http://web.archive.org/web/20000303203159/http://www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/Office_de.html>Büro
(stationary) and
<http://web.archive.org/web/20000303203159/http://www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/Logo_de.html>Logo
<http://web.archive.org/web/20000303203159/http://www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/Logo_de.html>Service
(getting company logos set into custom stationary)
http://web.archive.org/web/20000303203159/www.rindle.de/Products/IsaacsSoftware/index_de.html
.

Cheers,

DJV.