Re: [NTLK] Isaacs Dates vs. TimeTraxx? [was Re: iambic

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 17:23:51 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: DJ Vollkasko
Date: Monday, February 02, 2004 4:34 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Isaacs Dates vs. TimeTraxx? [was Re: iambic

Oh, looking at it, I wouldn't call it a major package, but just something
nice that makes sense. It's just 65 KB on the diskette, so it's not too
heavy (but then, it ain't how many bits you need, it's what you do with
them, right?).
Most small add-ons are like that, they make you wonder why this stuff isn't
in the OS already.

I got Scrapbook on my Newt and serial to PCs. What do I need to do to
upload screenshots?
About useable - I'll keep it on my MP130 for a while and will see if it
proves itself.

DJV.

Well if they added everything right at the start, what would be left for 3d
party developers. For instance several packages that were about to be
released by 3rd party developers were droped after Apple released
NewtonWorks with the MP 2000. I am sure that is not the main reason, but I
bet it was a consideration. Also it allows Newts to be configgured more.
Some packages certain people consider "indispenseable" while others consider
it junk. Also the bigger the package the more the heap, and if I remember
correctly the built in packages take quite a bit of heap and you can't
freeze them. So another reason for not adding too much at the start. :)

As for screen shots, screen shooter is on UNNA. Or X-port if you have that.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html