Re: [NTLK] [OT] DVD Screen Capture (was: A Newton! I've seen one)

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 07:35:53 PST

Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net) wrote:

> Ok, before we continue uneducated speculation in this area (sorry, but
> that's just what it is), here are the facts (...)

While this is all true, it is also a fact that the standard screenshot
facilities on the Mac have never been able to capture video -- this was
the case when I got my Performa 630 with its built-in TV tuner, back in
1995, and probably even earlier. The issue was indeed a purely technical
one, namely that Apple used a color-keying technology to combine the
video from the computer with the video from the AV circuitry. The video
image was never in RAM and thus escaped capturing. Nothing new here, really.

- Michael

Michael J. Hußmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW (personal): http://michael-hussmann.de