Re: [NTLK] Newt, DHCP and Wi-Fi revisited

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 09:15:17 PST

Weird suggestion - I sometimes find that the first time I try to use
the card after switching owner locations ( to use a different SSID) or
after the first time I put the card in the newt - that it WILL NOT
CONNECT, until I eject it and put it back in after having failed to
connect... I don't know why, but sometimes when everything is set
correctly and it won't work - taking the card out and putting it back
in makes it work for me!

Can't hurt to try it, no?

On Feb 7, 2004, at 10:11 AM, Michael P.Ladd wrote:

> lpetroni,
> You have to change it to ad-hoc first, then set the channel,
> which is what I did so that it matches my router (even though it's not
> really used in infrastructure mode) I have set the SSID to match the
> routher and still nothing.
>
> Yes, WaveLanIEEE is my card in the Internet setup and the lights do
> flash when trying to connect, but the link light (the one on the left)
> does not stay on when connecting like it does in static mode. Once the
> error comes up the lights go out. This card works fine when using a
> static IP on the newt, or using static or DHCP on a PC laptop.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Mike
>

>> When I set the WaveLan Driver to Infrastructure, the Channel setting
>> defaults to 1 (Ignored).
>> I can not change this. How did you set it to 6?
>>
>> Did you double check your Internet Setup - is WaveLan/IEEE set as your
>> card - do you see the lights in the card flashing when you try to
>> connect?
>>
>> lpetroni
>
> --
> inquiries