Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 05:28:09 PST

on 2/7/04 10:10 PM, Norman Palardy at palardyn_at_shaw.ca wrote:

> That might be true in the PC world.
> I've got 6 year old computer that are running the latest versions of OS
> X and all the new software for them.
> 512Mb RAM and away we got.
> Video conferencing and all kinds of other stuff.

Sadly, it's true in the Mac world also. Try running Halo on your Pismo, for
instance... I can't do it. :-( So, either I upgrade my hardware, buy and
X-Box or wait... Granted, I think that forced obsolescence has historically
been a bigger problem in the Windows world than in the Mac. However, if you
are still running Jaguar, try downloading and installing the absolute latest
version of Safari! Well, you will find that it's only available for 10.3,
and next to the download link is a link to buy Panther!!! Now, is that
forced obsolescence or what! I fear that we will be finding this sort of
thing more common. BTW, it's not going to happen all at once, more like one
drop at a time, like boiling a live frog...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland