Re: [NTLK] OT: Analog to Digital Audio software

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 10:10:42 PST

> -----Original Message-----
> From: James Nichols [mailto:smilr_at_mac.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 11:50 AM
> To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] OT: Analog to Digital Audio software
>

> You mean 'CD Spin Doctor' right?

Yeah. Thanks Jim.

CD Spin Doctor II though. The original one was a bit sucky.

It automatically splits the recording into tracks - neat! All you have to do is name the individual tracks.

The filters for de-click and de-ess are not bad and the emphasis filtering can brighten up your woolly cassette
recordings.

If you want more sophisticated filtering, a more professional program is needed. I use Bias peak but there are lots of
programs out there. It just depends on how exacting you want to be with your recordings.

I too prefer to start out with a AIFF file - less artifacts and you can always dumb it down later to suit the
application. The reverse is not true. Burn an audio disc from mp3's in iTune and you will know what I am talking about -
uggh!

PCBman

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html