Re: [NTLK] Reading Mail with OSX and a 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 10:48:21 PST

On 11/02/04 13:29, "Peter Birk" <kiyote23_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've only had my Newton 2 days, so I don't know if I've searched hard
> enough for this, but does anyone know if there is a way to export a
> folder of email from OSX's Mail to a reader on the Newt, and have the
> Newt put emails written on it into the out box of Mail? I connect to
> the Newt using a serial connection under OSX. I've got a modem card,
> but I don't really want to connect to my mailboxes directly using the
> Newt. I just want to take a selected group of emails, dump them on the
> Newt, and then grab any email I've written on the Newt and give it to
> Mail to send out.
> I found a version of Eudora (EudoraLight) that does this, but it looks
> like it needs Eudora on the desktop as well as on the Newt, and I'd
> rather use Mail.
> Any suggestions?

Sorry, Peter, you can't do that. There are no tool that will let you move
emails from Mail on OS X to the Newton. I would think that the closest you
can get is Newtourage, which lets you sync Entourage with the Newton.
However, I don't know if it also syncs messages or just contacts and
calendar events...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html