Re: [NTLK] Reading Mail with OSX and a 2100

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 10:47:08 PST

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:29:13PM -0600, Peter Birk wrote:
> I've only had my Newton 2 days, so I don't know if I've searched hard
> enough for this, but does anyone know if there is a way to export a
> folder of email from OSX's Mail to a reader on the Newt, and have the
> Newt put emails written on it into the out box of Mail? I connect to
> the Newt using a serial connection under OSX. I've got a modem card,
> but I don't really want to connect to my mailboxes directly using the
> Newt. I just want to take a selected group of emails, dump them on the
> Newt, and then grab any email I've written on the Newt and give it to
> Mail to send out.
> I found a version of Eudora (EudoraLight) that does this, but it looks
> like it needs Eudora on the desktop as well as on the Newt, and I'd
> rather use Mail.
> Any suggestions?

Only a complicated one: running an IMAP server that uses the same
mailboxes as Mail and accessing it via MailV on the newt. Conversely it
may be possible to have Mail maintain it's folders on the IMAP server
instead of locally. I don't know much about Mail.app, so I can't really
help you much with it, but it's possible with many other IMAP-using mail
clients. I could tell you how to do it with mutt, but that's probably
not much help.

--
81. If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform, have disarmed him,
    and am about to finish him off and he glances behind me and drops flat, I