Re: [NTLK] Mail V problems.

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 02:36:21 PST

On 13 Feb, 2004, at 8:46 pm, Matthew Reidsrow wrote:

> When I try to reply to a message, I get the normal reply screen, but my
> handwriting will not turn into text. It doesn't matter if I write at
> the caret or write elsewhere on the screen, the ink just disappears and
> nothing appears at the caret. If I pop up the keyboard or connect and
> external keyboard to the Newt, I can type away. This is the only
> application I have this problem with.

If you've got an MP2x00, there are two types of stationery available
for showing text: Text and Paper. Paper Stationery uses the Newton
Works WP engine, so unless you've got an appropriate third-party
extension installed, your handwriting won't be recognized. I'm
guessing you need to install Text Stationery or tap Show Letter Text in
the message you're composing if you want HWR.

Simon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html