Re: [NTLK] Mail V problems.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 06:42:37 PST

on 14/02/04 05:36, Simon Bell at simonbell_at_mac.com wrote:

> On 13 Feb, 2004, at 8:46 pm, Matthew Reidsrow wrote:
>
>> When I try to reply to a message, I get the normal reply screen, but my
>> handwriting will not turn into text. It doesn't matter if I write at
>> the caret or write elsewhere on the screen, the ink just disappears and
>> nothing appears at the caret. If I pop up the keyboard or connect and
>> external keyboard to the Newt, I can type away. This is the only
>> application I have this problem with.
>
> If you've got an MP2x00, there are two types of stationery available
> for showing text: Text and Paper. Paper Stationery uses the Newton
> Works WP engine, so unless you've got an appropriate third-party
> extension installed, your handwriting won't be recognized. I'm
> guessing you need to install Text Stationery or tap Show Letter Text in
> the message you're composing if you want HWR.

Or HWRWorks from Standalone, Inc.

-Laurent.

GIGO /gi:'goh/ [acronym]: 1. `Garbage In, Garbage Out' -- usually said in
response to lusers who complain that a program didn't "do the right thing"
when given imperfect input or otherwise mistreated in some way. Also
commonly used to describe failures in human decision making due to faulty,
incomplete, or imprecise data. 2. `Garbage In, Gospel Out': this more recent
expansion is a sardonic comment on the tendency human beings have to put
excessive trust in `computerized' data.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html