Re: [NTLK] Newton released FIRST in Germany?

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 05:39:49 PST

Jared Bland (jrbm689_at_mac.com) wrote:

> I just read the release dates for multiple Newtons. I am confused
> because they seem to have been released in Germany (by many months)
> before the US. Is this true, and why?

If I remember correctly, the MP120 was released in Germany first, mostly
because there had never been a German version of the MP110 -- Apple
needed a new product for Germany (the second-biggest Newton market back
then), but still had some MP 110 inventory to sell in the US. There was a
similar situation with the MP2100, as the MP2000 had never been localized
for Germany.

- Michael

Michael J. Hußmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de