[NTLK] Your experience with NewtSync and iCal?

From: John Osborne (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 10:17:19 PST

Listas,

I have succesfully synced my Jaguar iMac's address book with my MP2100
(over ethernet!). I have been having less luck with my iCal contents.
Most of my items in iCal are repeating events and they don't show up at
all on the MP. You also have to choose a default calendar which
confuses me--is that the only calendar that gets synced with your
Newton calendar? So I'm not sure if I'm experiencing bugs or just don't
have the right set of expectations. I would love all my iCal entries to
be sent to the Newton but I can see how this might be a syncing problem
when the MP doesn't have the concept of multiple calendars. However, I
will mostly use the Newton as a "read-only" display of my calendar so
having all the individual calendars in iCal merged on the Newt is fine
by me. BTW, I have also added all the Glass Onion plugins for NewtSync.
If the developers of NewtSync are on this list, my thanks for this
tool! So what should I expect with multiple iCal calendars and with
lots of repeating events? TIA

oz

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html