Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge - Should I be worried?

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 12:42:44 PST

Hi John
It is important that you repair the hinges as soon as possible. I have
done about a dozen, essentially randomly selected. More than half had
some degradation of one of the springs, four had released springs and
two of these had damage to the display ribbon.

It is not a difficult do it yourself job, but you need to be careful to
follow the directions exactly and expect to spend a couple of hours the
first time. You will need two torx wrenches or screwdriver tips T8 and
T10, soldering iron/gun and a good small philips screwdriver P0 or P1
(I find that one with a large handle reduces the chance of stripping
due to better leverage). Plan to keep track of many small screws and
parts.

If you would prefer to have someone else do you can contact me off list
to discuss shipping and costs.

Woody <woody_at_bitstream.net>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html