[NTLK] NewtSync and iCal

From: Peter Birk (kiyote23_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 07:53:50 PST

I've given up on trying to get iCal and the Newt to talk nice to each
other. It's not been a problem, though, because even though I've only
had the Newt for two weeks, I'm already using it for all of my
day-to-day calendar stuff, and I haven't opened iCal in over a week.
Even though the Newt only has one calendar, I still find it easier to
use than iCal.

I even created a new iCal calendar, called Newton, to sync to, but it
still kept putting my recurring Thursday meeting on Saturday. I
haven't tried upgrading my version of iCal, and the new iCal NewtSync
plug-in, though, and that might fix these problems.

The interesting thing I've noted, switching from Palm to Newt, is data
entry. With the Palm, I did most of my data entry through the
computer, then hotsync'd it to the PDA. With the Newt, I'm entering
most of my data with the PDA, and then trying to find some way to get
it to the computer.

pb

"A year later, China launched its first satellite aboard a Long March
rocket, which orbited the Earth blaring out the Cultural Revolution
anthem 'The East is Red.'"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html