Re: [NTLK] NewtSync and iCal

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 09:08:26 PST

On 23 feb 2004, at 16.53, Peter Birk wrote:

> I've given up on trying to get iCal and the Newt to talk nice to each
> other. It's not been a problem, though, because even though I've only
> had the Newt for two weeks, I'm already using it for all of my
> day-to-day calendar stuff, and I haven't opened iCal in over a week.

i too would prefer to have them both in sync, but i must say newtsync
and escale dont work with panther whatever i do. ive been lurking
during the various threads on the subject, but i feel like speaking out
now. im backing up to and installing from classic, which is a pain. id
love to have this functionality in my main machine.

> Even though the Newt only has one calendar, I still find it easier to
> use than iCal.

in my view, ical has a lot to improve

> The interesting thing I've noted, switching from Palm to Newt, is data
> entry. With the Palm, I did most of my data entry through the
> computer, then hotsync'd it to the PDA. With the Newt, I'm entering
> most of my data with the PDA, and then trying to find some way to get
> it to the computer.

thats one of the benefits of the newt, its autonomous in a way no other
PDA can claim to be. on the other hand, jaguar sync was much more
simple than todays corrupted, or in best case - interrupted transfers.

/ ®

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html