Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 14:07:42 PST

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

I'm particularly fond of the 20" IMac, which is an ongoing improvement of an
existing design, but this is the first of this line I would even consider
buying. New for me, since all previous models were just a good thought. Now
to really make it appealing, it needs the G5. Or maybe this, Apple - sit up
and take notes.... create a cpu box that is the main cpu, no monitor needed
where it lives, then have the master terminal control the server with
additional terminals connected via the WiFi connection and time slice cpu
cycles. Very much the same way mainframes work, except wirelessly and a
fully robust terminal. This may seem like I'm rambling a little here, but
let me expound a little. The iMac has no fan and is virtually silent, which
I like, adding the G5 would not allow this. I want the power of the G5 and I
want to have multiple units in my house. So, buying a server with the dual
G5's and all of the other goodies serving a thin client to multiple stations
would be really good.

Some people just don't get it. There hasn't been anything truly NEW in
Apple's hardware lineup for atleast a year and a half (don't start in
about the PMG5, that's a big silver monolith.. It's a silver AT case
with holes and an organized interior.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html