Re: [NTLK] installing pkg's in panther

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 14:28:05 PST

On 23 feb 2004, at 21.50, Eckhart Köppen wrote:

> Just create a folder under /Libary/WebServer/Documents, make sure that
> it can be read by www and drop whatever you want to install in that
> folder. No need for a web page, Apache will generate a default listing.
> The URL for the folder is http://>/<folder name>/.

how peculiar, my mac stopped serving pages just when i needed it. i
checked all preferences, but it doesnt work to write
http://ip-address/
any longer, so /foldername doesnt work either...

im getting an error message both in safari and in newtscape.

a tad annoying, but i guess its more obvious for a pro :P

gotta sleep now...

/ ®

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html