Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Jared Bland (jrbm689_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 15:14:14 PST

On Feb 23, 2004, at 6:56 PM, Larry Zasitko wrote:

> Most companies including IBM, Dell, Gateway have very different
> warranties for lcd screens, they are prone to defects like stuck or
> dead pixels and other blemishes, just like those that Apple uses. Don't
> believe me? Just do some googling and you will find it......

I understand stuck pixels are just a gamble (I have one stuck pixel),
but ANY computer should have QC enough to stop white blotches on LCD
screens from shipping with notebooks.

> I for one like the new iMac with their fantastic lcd screens and I also
> like the G5, which is not anything like any PC out there. If you want
> outrageous do a search for water cooled PC's, yes water cooled

I know what watercooled PCs are. There should be no reason for them.

Apple should not be ahead of the pack. Apple should be the "par".
Computer companies should not copy and underprice others. They should
show their difference. Apple has shown its difference from others,
but, for me - I'm not saying Anyone Else feels this way, Apple is
falling behind. Maybe I expect too much from a company that already
does alot. Forgive me for my immature view of the computer world and
the world in general. I am only 14 and that is a block for me. There
are things I can and cannot grasp yet. If I had offended some of you,
which it seems like I have - I am sorry.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion - I learned a few things (isn't that
what discussions are for? learning?).

-Jared Bland

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html