Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 18:53:29 PST

on 23/02/04 21:00, David M. Ensteness at denstene_at_mac.com wrote:

> OK, honestly. I am sorta getting tired of this thread. Thank god I was
> not checking this on my Newton I would want to kill myself.
>
> Jared - You have some very good spirit behind your views but you really
> need to study up on both past and current events and circumstances.
> Being well intentioned but poorly informed is a big trap to get stuck
> in. If you want get some more information on something or carry on a
> dialog about how things have progressed, drop me a line off list.
>
> Everyone Else - Can we move on now to something that will be more
> helpful to the world?

I couldn't agree more! 6 hours and 50+ messages, with probably half from
this thread. I ended up deleting the whole bunch of messages to catch up!

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System
V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1)
choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally,
to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular
definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html