[NTLK] Mail V folder names

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 10:04:17 PST

Is there a way to change the way IMAP folder names are displayed by Mail V?
With my IMAP account, Mail V displays them with the domain name of my mail
server prepended before the specific folder name;
e.g.: "mailbox4.utcc.utoronto.ca Sent-mail". The problem with that is that
it's too long. When I use the folder selection tab in In/OutBox, I can see
only the first couple of letters of the specific folder name
(e.g., "mailbox4.utcc.utoronto.ca Sen...", and I can't see it at all in the
folder filing slip. All I see there is "mailbo..." for all the folders, so I
can't tell them apart. My other IMAP clients (Entourage & Mail.app) don't do
this, they just display "Sent-mail" etc.

I tried renaming these folders in the Edit Folder slip but it seemed to screw
things up, and the original long names re-appeared next time I synched.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html