Re: [NTLK] Mail V folder names

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 11:15:57 PST

On 24 Feb, 2004, at 6:04 pm, Michael Blazer wrote:

> Is there a way to change the way IMAP folder names are displayed by
> Mail V?
> With my IMAP account, Mail V displays them with the domain name of my
> mail
> server prepended before the specific folder name;
> e.g.: "mailbox4.utcc.utoronto.ca Sent-mail".

The first part of the folder name is the Description field you enter in
your owner card's E-Mail Access setup. This can be anything, so long as
it's not the same as a folder you already have in your InBox. It looks
to me as if you've entered the full domain name as the description,
when you could enter for example UTCC and the folder name would appear
as "UTCC Sent-mail". Does this make sense?

Simon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html