Re: [NTLK] Mail V problems:

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 12:22:48 PST

Quoting James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>:

> a few recurring problems with Mail V:
>
> For unknown reasons, whenever I connect to mac.com email account (which
> is NOT my primary email in mail V) and there is NO new mail - mail V
> 'downloads' the information for the newest email again (i'm in browse
> mode, not download mode) leaving me with duplicate entries on my
> newton.
>
> At seemingly random times - I will open an email and have mail V
> download it's contents - but end up with a blank email (no, I didn't
> forget to check the 'parts' button to see if it really was html not
> text in said email), if this happens any email I try to open (that
> wasn't already downloaded to the newt) ends up the same way - until I
> restart the newton.
[snip]
> Anyone else run into these? Or is it likely to be something peculiar
> with my mac.com and .edu accounts?

FWIW, I've experienced both these glitches, almost exactly as you describe
them, except that I'm not sure my blank e-mail problem persists until the next
restart. (It might, I just haven't noticed that pattern yet.) And in my case,
they are happening with my primary account, which is not my .mac account. (I
haven't tried Mail V with my .mac account because I don't really use it -- it's
set on forwarding.)

There was one message that displayed OK if I used the ICS Text Editor but
appeared blank (although with a scroll bar) if I used Paper Text. However, all
the other blank messages appeared blank either way and showed no scroll bar. I
haven't noticed any pattern to which messages come up blank and which don't.

Michael