[NTLK] Worldwide Newton Conference 2004

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 13:38:13 PST

Hello all,

It's been a while that Robert, Ronnie, Victor, some others and I are
thinking about organizing a Worldwide Newton Conference.

By "Worldwide Newton Conference" or WWNC for short we mean something
bigger than any NUG meeting that ever took place. Something to meet
people on this list who helped you once and live on the other side of
the globe to tell them thank you in person.

The time has come to transition from the thoughts to the facts.

Since the idea largely came from European conferences that took in
Bruxelles, Lille and Paris, we are seriously considering organizing
it in Paris on September 4th and 5th. This is a weekend and usually
the weather is exceptionally fine in Paris in early September. Plus
it's just after Apple Expo (MacWorld in Paris) that takes place
between August, 31st and September 4th, another good reason to be in
Paris during this week.

The details of the organization haven't all been set up yet. We're
working on finding one or more rooms with, hopefully, a good Internet
access, in order to video broadcast some sessions for those who could
not make it.

Hopefully Mr. Victor J. Rehorst will come and deliver the keynote.

Other sessions have yet to be defined.

We're considering a workshop on hardware modifications/repairs. You
can bring your eMate and get the hinge thing fixed. You can take your
SER board and get installed. Or watch other people install them. Some
Newton users are able to unmount a Newton entirely in the dark.

We also planned an NPDS setup and a Wifi setup session.

In other words, Paris will be the place to be on September 4th and
5th, 2004. So you can consider writing this down in your Newton's
Dates application. Once the date will be firm, you'll be able to book
your flight tickets.

If you want to help us organize this event, please join the wwnc
mailing list by sending an e-mail with subscribe in the subject at
wwnc-request_at_newtontalk.net.

Regards,

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/