Re: [NTLK] Who can tell me the specs for this fuse?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 18:33:36 PST

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 02:17:18AM +0100, Frank Gruendel wrote:
> Ok folks,
>
> I have always admitted that one of the things I am very bad at is
> finding
> things in the world wide web. This is why I need your help. It is for a
> good cause because this information will help resurrect a couple of
> Newton 2000 / 2100, and maybe one day it will help resurrect yours.
> Could anyone help me with finding out the specs for
> the smd (surface mount) fuse shown in the following picture?
>
> http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00smdfuse.jpg
>
> If you locate this datasheet, I will gladly publish your name and url
> on the page that will eventually result from this project.
>
> For those who don't have web access, but might know anyway: The fuse is
> labeled
> 21 and (length x width x height) about 3 x 1.5 x 1.2 millimeter
> (0.12 x 0.06 x 0.05 inches).

This is a complete "pull from the arse" idea, but there's an ITU-T
standard called K.21 that deals with "power cross" conditions in
telecomms equipment, down in the 600V/1A or 2A ranges. Those kind of
fuses are not rare in surface mount configurations, either. The "21" may
mean a "K.21"-rated fuse...

> Considering the dimensions of the "wire" inside this fuse, I'd expect
> it to be in the 1 Ampere range. Talking of fuses: Can anybody tell me
> the
> englisch words for how fast a fuse blows? This should be part of the
> fuse's specification, in Germany there are
>
> FF (Superflink) = very fast
> F (Flink) = fast
> M (Mittelträge) = medium
> T (Träge) = slow
> TT (Superträge) = very slow

Very similar terms: very fast blow, fast blow, slow blow, very slow
blow. These aren't precision terms, but "fast" fuses generally open in
hundreds of milliseconds, and "very fast" in tens of milliseconds. Slow
fuses may take tens of seconds, and very slow, upwards of an hour.

--
The plural of datum is not "facts".
A collection of facts is not "knowledge".