Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] macworld 04 pix

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 11:53:51 PST

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:26:18PM -0600, David M. Ensteness wrote:
> Opera was considering dropping Mac support prior to Apple's release of
> Safari, but they didn't talk about it with the press until after and
> then cited Safari as their point of concern. Opera did not drop support
> but it contributed to this belief that Apple is screwing 3rd parties.

Odd that Safari for MacOS is somehow "screwing third parties" and making
Opera drop support in protest, but somehow Microsoft providing Internet
Explorer for Windows *isn't* cause for dropping Windows support?

(Yes, I know that's addressed elsewhere in the post, but the statement
from Opera is absolutely ludicrous, and I've paid my $40 for Opera to
get the right to say it.)

--
A way of life that is odd or even erratic but interferes with no rights or
interests of others is not to be condemned because it is different.