Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple [was: Re: [NTLK][OT] macworld 04 pix]

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 11:56:31 PST

On Jan 9, 2004, at 1:51 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> True true true, but few Wintel buyers are aware of that, unfortunately.
>
> So, maybe I would be more happy if Apple was seriously reducing the
> price of
> its low-entry computers but were selling iLife or any app they used to
> provide for free...
>
> -Laurent.

Sadly the math doesn't add up on Apple's end. Apple could drop the
price and start dropping features, but then they wouldn't be providing
as quality of a product. I doubt that Apple makes enough from selling
iLife to drop the price on all iBooks by $50 and come out even. Fact
is, Apple doesn't sell the very low end.

What I would like is for Apple to find a way to change the impression
of the market place so that people are more educated as buyers. They
have tried before as have other companies, I wish them more success in
the future.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html