Re: [NTLK] X

From: doppler (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 02:34:45 PST

04-01-11 16.07, skrev Thomas Hart på those_at_mac.com följande:

> I would also like to know if there is a package fixer
> for newton packages in X and the name of voice recording software, free
> preferably, for recording interviews (also any experiences any of you
> may have had in this area, mostly on the reliability side of things.)

voice notes by modasys is by far the best voice recording option, but its
burdened by a heavy price tag - U$40 - its still supported. check for
yourself here:

http://www.modasys.de/download/VN_NOS/VN110_DOCe.pdf
http://www.modasys.de/htmls/newton/

desktop connectivity is the weakpoint of voice notes - it doesnt provide any
means of export to a desktop computer, if youd need that.

if you will start using the newt for taking notes, i can suggest you also to
invest in an audio dongle, i guess you should talk to e. schneck d. padilla
or d. humphreys.

also, from what i remember, e. köppen is/was looking into developing some
type of recording app for the newton after completing mad max (the MP3
player)

personally i was really enthousiastic after trying out voice notes and
started to use the newton for recording, but it never took off, since i
realised the recordings could not be brought to the desktop for editing and
distribution.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html