[NTLK] iR OBEX Newton <-> iPaq

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_seconnect.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 20:23:40 PST

Hi all,

I have a Newton MP2100 as well as an iPaq 3630. The iPaq is running
WinCE 3.0 (pre-PocketPC era). I would like to get all the names and
addresses from the Newt to the iPaq and the other way round. Each device
hasabout 150 names and addresses they need to exchange.

I tried iR OBEX, but the Newton complains that the other device isn't
running OBEX. This caused me to 'Huh?' for a moment ...
I also have a Dell Axim X5 at the office and I tried to iR OBEX there,
but the IR reception of the Axim is lousy. I get it to see the Newton at
times, but they never actually get any data across to each other.

My Newton's IR port works (I have another MP2100 and the two can talk
just fine!). I have not tried the iPaq's IR port against another iPaq
but I believe it works.

Is there anything I need to do to change any settings or anything like
that?

I have an ethernet card for the Newton as well as for the iPaq, is there
anything I can do to make them talk that way?

Best regards,
Chris

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html