Re: [NTLK] .sit files, how do you install them?

From: Aynthem (aynthem_at_softhome.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 16:52:06 PST

Dan Lingman <dlingman_at_rogers.com> wrote:

>Use stuffit on your pc or mac to uncompress the .sit archive. This
>is pretty much equivalent to getting handed a .zip file.
>
>Once it's unpacked, you should have a .pkg file (and maybe others in
>there as well)

>http://www.stuffit.com/win/index.html

A word of warning from a lurker: I just spent three hours the other
night trying to uncompress a .sit file on my Win98 Original box.

The newest version of Stuffit, 8.0, available at the Aladdin Systems
website, does *not* work with Win98 original. It gave me a missing
.dll file error. As far as I can tell, nowhere on the Stuffit for
Windows site is a System Requirement list.

I eventually found Stuffit 6.0 on Aladdin's FTP server under the old
programs file and was able to use that to decompress my newly
purchased Merlin/Wordsmith software, at:

ftp://ftp.aladdinsys.com/../pub/_old/

And, for information purposes, I'm a female MP130 owner since 1996,
who recently purchased two eMates to use for writing. Thanks to all
on this mailing list -- searching through the archives has given
quite a bit of help in keeping my Newtons happy and running.

Melody a/k/a Aynthem

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html