Re: [NTLK] Memory Cards - What is reasonable?

From: doppler (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 08:56:20 PST

04-01-15 16.26, skrev Newtopia på MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net följande:

> So here's my question... I have seen the 1/2/4 meg cards from Apple,
> would they be substantial and fast enough for running some programs and
> housing data or is it more suitable to use the newer PC-Cards with more
> current style/size memory? Are the newer PC-Cards with the appropriate
> drivers faster or slower than the original cards?

IMHO, a 16-20Mb card is the limit for NOS in order to function properly, but
then again, it all depends what you use it for...

large cards tend to fill up rapidly with programs that you want to try out,
thus creating havoc in the OS - bugs, incompatibility issues and other nasty
surprises spoil the fun.

if i would use the ATA driver, it would be only for tibet (digital images)
and maybe sound recordings.

/ ®

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html