Re: [NTLK] .sit files, how do you install them?

From: Michael Cox (mcox_at_cdinc.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 18:15:34 PST

On Thursday 15 January 2004 12:55 am, Jon Glass wrote:

> But to sort of answer your question, StuffIt is the Mac equivalent of PKZip
> from DOS (and, I suppose now, Windows) It's as old as PKZip, and, just as
> firmly entrenched in the Mac world...

And totally proprietary. The ONLY place I could find a way to open .sit files
on a Linux box was to go to Aladdin. And their code causes a seg-fault about
half the time. Aladdin, inadvertently, makes a great case for the
proliferation of free and open software. :-/

mc

--
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -- A.E. Van Vogt, "The
Weapon Shops Of Isher", ASF December 1942