[NTLK] Lots of Newton/eMate stuff to be sold

From: Glenn Roe (myhome_at_cwnet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 16:31:41 PST

Hi Newton supporters!
I am preparing to sell a lot of Newton and eMate stuff that was used in my
business for the last six years or so. I don't have much time to sell a lot
of individual stuff, so I would like to sell as much as possible to one or a
few people. Money is not a concern as much as the desire to see this stuff
go to people who continue to support the platform as I have for all these
years. I'm not totally giving it up, as I will keep my personal eMate.

To start out I have a dozen eMates, most of which have suffered some form of
problems with the screen ribbon/hinge issue. But some of them do work. I
know at least three do. Five of them have the much sought after upgrade
installed. I have another upgrade card not in a machine, but I don't know if
it works. I have eight power supplies that I have found so far, a couple of
battery packs I rebuilt, and five loose one's that could be rebuilt. I count
seven memory cards that work in eMates ranging from 4 - 32mb. I would
include all the eMate specific misc. items that I have with these as a
package. That would include a few sealed boxes of the plastic pens, a few
eMate book manuals, eMate connectivity CDs, cables and cases. I'll also
include some Newton adapter plug packs (power adapters for Europe, etc.),
and burn a CD with all the packages I have collected over the years (Mac
packages, but can be translated to PC w/package buddy I believe).

Another group of things is Newton compatible printers. Those include:
* 4 HP Deskjet 340s with the Infrared eye adapter, all with power supplies,
and some with batteries installed
The batteries and ink cartridges for these printers are still available.
They are perfect for wowing people with your ancient technology truly
portable wireless computer/printer setup.
* 4 Apple Stylewriter 2200 printers with power supplies and extra ink
cartridges. 2 have the battery paks for a portable cable connected setup.
* 1 Citizen PN60 printer with all the connection stuff and manual. It was
advertised as the ³worldıs smallest printer,² and referenced Newton
compatibility on the original box. It includes lots of extra print
cartridges and a carry case for the printer. It was hardly used as I
swithched to the HP printer once I got those.

I have two Newtons, one 2100, and one 2000 upgraded to 2100. They have both
been used a lot, but do work. I will include a power supply, extra battery,
SER-001 adapter(not installed), dongle, PDA Panache pen, memory card, modem
card, case of choice, screen protectors, and a CD of my package collection
with each one. With one I can include an original Newton briefcase and
keyboard. The other has a beat up but usable communications case. I also
have an E&B glove case and Eagle Creek over the shoulder case, along with
some other leather partial cases with velcro on them. I would be willing to
package all this with one of the above printers for each Newton if desired.
I could add Newton adapter plug packs if needed.

Other misc. stuff I have:
* modem cards
* Newton print pack still sealed in box
* original newton replacement batteries still in boxes
* lots of eMate plastic pens (work in both eMate and MP2100)
* eMate barriers screen protectors
* Newton Backgammon II from Stand Alone with Mac and Windows disks in
original box
* 1 SER-001 adapter
* original MP2100 pen in package

As I mentioned if anyone takes bunches of this stuff I will negotiate a
great deal. Sales of single or small groups of items will be secondary to
bigger deals. Buyers pay shipping. I donıt want to put stuff on ebay, so
make an offer. Email directly to me at myhome_at_cwnet.com as I donıt monitor
the list much at the present.

Glenn Roe

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html