Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] Canadian copyright tax

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 18:26:41 PST

On Jan 17, 2004, at 10:24 AM, Anil wrote:

> Ah, right, so Victor moderates when he feels like it. What does using
> your stylus holder got to do with etiquette? One rule for some another
> rule for people who aren't part of your group?

What are you talking about?
> Perhaps it is time to elect a new administrator? Someone who will
> consider everybody. And not just users who have been around a long
> time, because correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the list would
> encourage new users to the group.
Victor is doing a great job IMHO. I certainly don't want the "job" and
I think it's ignorant of you to propose an election as this is not a
democracy.
> I am a new user and feel like the majority would rather spend their
> time chit chatting about Poutine, or how funny you can be with
> anecdotes about stylus holder etiquette.
Skip the messages you don't want to read.

> <snip poutine mumble mumble>
>
> Thankfully, in my short time on the list I can say I have genuinely
> helped another user get more out of their Newton. Thankfully that
> person also helped me, helped me with a question that not a single
> other user on the list replied to.
It's a list, that goes with the territory. If you haven't gotten any
response in a couple of days, try reposting, but please don't act like
you are entitled to an answer.

<snip>
> Some people have several years experience using the Newton, this
> experience is a valuable resource because the Newton is no longer being
> supported by Apple. But this resource will only remain valuable if
> people can access it.
Like UNNA and the WIKI and This old Newt and the Newtontalk archives?

> The list is a free service and is appreciated, I wouldn't have bought
> my Newton if it wasn't for the list. It is difficult troubleshooting
> old hardware and software especially if you have no experience of it.
> So may I offer my thanks to everyone who've helped other users, because
> with out their assistance we would all eventually be using modern,
> crappy, but serviceable hardware and software.
Glad it's been helpful.

Keep in mind that some of the people you are insulting with your
comments have been on this list for years and have repeatedly helped
hundreds of both new and old users. The kind of respect they are paid
is due to how incredibly helpful and patient they have been, unlike
you(the patience that is ;-).

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html