Re: [NTLK] Canadian copyright tax

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 10:24:09 PST

Ah, right, so Victor moderates when he feels like it. What does using
your stylus holder got to do with etiquette? One rule for some another
rule for people who aren't part of your group?

Perhaps it is time to elect a new administrator? Someone who will
consider everybody. And not just users who have been around a long
time, because correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the list would
encourage new users to the group.

I am a new user and feel like the majority would rather spend their
time chit chatting about Poutine, or how funny you can be with
anecdotes about stylus holder etiquette.

Please talk about whatever interests people, but if people who need
help with their little green friend get little or no assistance, but
see countless people chatting about Poutine, it kinda makes you wonder
what you have to do to get some assistance, and whether the list is for
Newton users, or just people who happen to have a Newton and want to
chat about weird food. This is what I was talking about when it comes
to causing divisions and alienating people.

Thankfully, in my short time on the list I can say I have genuinely
helped another user get more out of their Newton. Thankfully that
person also helped me, helped me with a question that not a single
other user on the list replied to. The answer to my problem was simple,
and I am sure somebody else must have know a solution, or at least help
me bounce ideas off them.

Some people have several years experience using the Newton, this
experience is a valuable resource because the Newton is no longer being
supported by Apple. But this resource will only remain valuable if
people can access it.

The list is a free service and is appreciated, I wouldn't have bought
my Newton if it wasn't for the list. It is difficult troubleshooting
old hardware and software especially if you have no experience of it.
So may I offer my thanks to everyone who've helped other users, because
with out their assistance we would all eventually be using modern,
crappy, but serviceable hardware and software.

Kind regards.

Anil.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html