[NTLK] OFF TOPIC - Anil + list

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 15:35:03 PST

Anil,

First off welcome to the group, don't know if anyone else has so I will :-)

This list does have its ups and downs with off topic stuff and that goes for
most of the lists that I am on and I have in the past unsubscribe from some
because they do not post anything on topic! I too wish that it would stay
more on topic but because this is basically an open forum it would be pretty
hard to control.

I REALLY wish the poutine topic would just go away for all time, I hate it
(the topic, not the poutine itself) and actually have a rule that looks for
the word poutine and if found it is sent straight to the trash. You can set
up rules and if you are using outlook express you can block users and never
see anything. I use my iBook and the mail program that came with Jaguar
which I really like. Some of the other lists will allow off topic but they
have to be marked as off topic in the subject (this would include the
etiquette thread) which makes it pretty easy to again make a rule so you
never see it.

The on-going battle between Woo and Ferdi have been going on for as long as
I have been on this list (I started the year the Newton was cancelled, I had
just bought a 2100 from the Newton Store in Toronto a couple weeks earlier),
and at times can be pretty funny. Some have said that Ferdi (or Ozgunner or
Newton4all, does not matter what his name is) is a crook and no good but I
have dealt with him in the past and just recently and found that the item I
bought was shipped as soon as I paid for it and I got it for a good price,
so I am not sure about others. I have had no dealings with Woo at all
outside of the list. In any case that is a long time battle that I don't see
ending anytime soon.

You will find a lot of good info on here (I would have never got my 2100 to
sync with Jaguar without this list) so don't leave. As I said right now
there seems to be more off topic than on topic but that can change pretty
quick.

Larry Zasitko
iBook, iMac, Newton OMP, 110, 120, 2100 + eMate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html