Re: [NTLK] Booo Hooooo - Need a doner

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 10:50:47 PST

> So, on the Newton, you could convince the package when it's installed
> that it's actually residing on a 2100 when, in fact, it's residing on
> a 130... It would be even nicer if you could install packages in a
> frozen state... But then again, I'm just dreaming here....

The problem here is that there are reasons why the package requires NOS 2.1:
the ROMs that are found in the NOS 2.1-based Newtons. So, I don't think it
would make you any good even if you were able to fool the package in
believing it's running on a 2100 when it's actually on a 130...

-Laurent.

This is really a bummer, I have been planning usage scenario's for my little
preciouses and the MP 130 needed to have Ethernet. So, instead of acquiring
another MP 130, it looks like I'm going to have to purchase another 2100.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining - it's just that the charging
base is really handy for mounting the MP 130 into my truck.

I'll have to look at making a mold for the MP 2100, anyone out there have a
shell they would like to loan to me for this purpose? I can't guarantee that
it won't have resin impregnated into it, so I'm looking for a MP 2100 that
has passed on in life.

Regards,

Paul Curtis
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html