[NTLK] Newtontalk digest stopped by spam filter

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 17:23:30 PST

Hope this isn't too OT ... My e-mail provider's (U. of Toronto)
server-side spam filter stopped Newtontalk Digest V4 #32. All the
other NTLK digests have gotten through since the filter was turned on a
couple of months ago. I have the sensitivity on the lowest setting,
meaning more spam gets through but there are *very* few false
positives, so I hardly ever bother checking the junk folder anymore.

Here's the header that the spam filter put in:

Report='KNOWN_ADVERT_DOMAIN 5, TONER 2.488, WEIRD_PORT 2.099,
NO_REAL_NAME 0.000, EMAIL_ATTRIBUTION 0, QUOTED_EMAIL_TEXT 0'

Does anyone who understands this stuff know what's going on here, and
what made this digest different from all the others? I can't compare
this to a similar message that got through, because those don't seem to
have X-Pmx-Spam headers. I guess there's nothing I can do about it,
but I'm just curious.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html