Re: [NTLK] Shop is open.

From: john reeve (john_reeve41_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 13:50:43 PST

[snip]
> > But I will ask the question - Who is interested in
> this?
[snip]

As far as I can see, as a fairly novice user, the main
advantage is that many PCs/(all?) macs today don't
have serial ports and so a usb interface on the newton
would elimate (as previous posts have pointed out) the
need for a usb2serial adapter but that is about it (I
don't use my newton enough to invest in/setup
ethernet). Many modern PDAs that use USB can aslo
trickle charge off of a USB connection - which would
be cool but it seems way to much hassle (as PCBman
pointed out) for fairly minimal advantages.

John.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html