Re: [NTLK] HELP!

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 19:16:23 PST

On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 09:26 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> Is the card recognized when you insert it? Is "Use card for AppleTalk"
> checked on the card slip when you insert it?

The card's recognized, a box pops right up with the name, the setup
button and the AppleTalk option.

> Well, then, the only conclusion I can come to is that your WaveLAN
> Silver is
> a special flavor and doesn't have the same chipset than the original
> ones
> that were available a couple of years ago. If you only try to connect
> NCU, it doesn't matter what settings you have in Internet Setup since
> AppleTalk doesn't use those. So, the problem probably stems from an
> incompatibility between the router and the iBook or the router and the
> Newton...

I don't think that's it - the card's on the driver support list, and it
appears to work well enough with all the basic setups. I'll play around
a bit more with the settings.

--
Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
accordion.