[NTLK] NCU and OSX via keyspan: Summary

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 03:51:01 PST

So:
If I have installed the Keyspan serial twin adapter driver for OSX,
and run and worked with NewTen and/or Escale, then the OS 9 drivers
for the Keyspan, which I have placed in the '9 System folder' will
not work in Classic when I call up NCU? Will no Classic applications
be able to use it?

- should there not be something simple (for knowledgeable people, I
mean...) to do about that? Lots of people must have OS9 as well as
OSX applications that require the Keyspan. Is it an NCU or a Keyspan
issue? Might the Keyspan people be working on it (nothing obvious on
their site). Or can the OSX drivers be hidden temporarily while
Classic is taking over?

But an ethernet connection or wireless connection will support NCU?

Because I, for one, would like to use NCU for some things still. F.x.
max 10 % of my calendar gets transferred correctly, the rest of the
appointments either gather on the first of the months (starting in
1997) or do not get transferred. It really stinks.... (lets not go
there in this thread).

--
Berthe
Denmark, MP2100