Re: [NTLK] NCU and OSX via keyspan: Summary

From: Len Cole (leonard.cole_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 05:41:05 PST

Don't forget that "Classic" is simply an OS X application emulating OS 9. As such, "Classic" gets a lot of its system services from OS X, rather than from what's provided for OS 9 in its system folder. This is most likely why you can't access the OS 9 keyspan drivers from "Classic".

If you are able to boot your Mac directly into OS 9 (not "Classic") then you should be able to use the OS 9 Keyspan drivers once all of the settings (AppleTalk, Newton, etc.) are figured out.

If you cannot Boot into OS 9 directly, then you might want to try deleting the OS X Keyspan drivers but leaving the OS 9 drivers installed, in the hopes that "Classic" will then use them.

This sounds like the same problem Dave B. has, and he apparently has the capability of booting into OS 9. I know it's a kludgey solution, but if you're going to stick with AppleTalk/LocalTalk, then it's probably the way you're going to have to go.

Hope this helps,

Len

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html