Re: [NTLK] NCU and OSX via keyspan: Summary

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 06:09:34 PST

>Don't forget that "Classic" is simply an OS X application emulating
>OS 9. As such, "Classic" gets a lot of its system services from OS
>X, rather than from what's provided for OS 9 in its system folder.
>This is most likely why you can't access the OS 9 keyspan drivers
>from "Classic".

I see what you are saying.... But why can the Keyspan then not serve
an application which runs in Classic? That makes it a Keyspan issue,
does it not?

>If you are able to boot your Mac directly into OS 9 (not "Classic")
>then you should be able to use the OS 9 Keyspan drivers once all of
>the settings (AppleTalk, Newton, etc.) are figured out.

I should be able to do that - although I've never done it. Changed
machine at the same time as system....

>If you cannot Boot into OS 9 directly, then you might want to try
>deleting the OS X Keyspan drivers but leaving the OS 9 drivers
>installed, in the hopes that "Classic" will then use them.

That was what I was thinking... - anyone out there tried that?

Thanks Len

--
Berthe
Denmark, MP2100