Re: [NTLK] HELP!

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 07:24:40 PST

On Saturday, January 24, 2004, at 04:46 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>> My iBook is 800 MHz, OS 10.2.8, with Airport installed. I've got
>> NewtSync and NewTen on it, along with NCU on the Classic end.
>> My Newton is a 2000, modified to 2100, with the last NOS 2, all the
>> proper NIE parts, the WaveLAN drivers from Driver Labo, a 30 meg
>> external flash card and a Lucent WaveLAN Silver Turbo.
>
> Do you have the Airport Software Base Station (or whatever it's called)
> activated and is in on channel 11 and named Newton?

Two out of three - the NetGear is activated and on Ch 11, but has its
own name. However, in the SSID settings on the Newton, I input the same
name. Just how important is it that the name Newton be used in the
router?

But as I said, I'm not trying to get at the router anymore - just
trying for a good connection w/ the iBook itself. And I've given the
Newt and the iBook the same SSID when I try connections.

--
I never let school interfere with my education. —Mark Twain
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html