[NTLK] my comments to a TabletPC review

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 07:38:28 PST

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Jan/bpd20040123023582.htm

If these things are selling at $2k+ then Apple is NUTS for not doing a G4
iBook tablet, sans CD/DVD drive; with Newton handwriting, integrated WiFi
802.11G, bluetooth, 3-4 pounds, all for $1200-$1500.
Arrrrgh!

I know some of the Apple drones at MacWorld seemed intrigued at my MP2100,
and when I asked if Apple was working on a tablet the typical response was
"I can't say" or "I don't know".
Arrrrgh!!

It even seems like the new 'Expose" feature (and for you Wintel users, check
out what I refer to or D/L the Windows ripoffs hacks that have appeared
[such as WINexpose, catchy, n'est ce pas!] before Apple Legal spikes them)
is a perfect interface addition to a tablet where you could easily become
lost in the mass of windows onscreen.
No 'arrrgh', I'm feeling better now.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html