[NTLK] mp2100 <-> mac IrDa/IrTalk capabilities?

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 23:30:13 PST

Ok - I bet that this question has been asked before, but I'm trying
here anyway:

With an MP2100 - just what can I do with an IrDa /IrTalk capable mac?

I have an original Powerbook G3 - supports both irDa and irTalk,
running os 9.

Primarily I want to load NIE and drivers onto my MP2100 when it arrives
from an ebay seller so that I can use my Lucent Wavelan Silver Turbo
card in it (eventual goal is to be able to do everything over wireless
with an os X machine).

Can I send packages to the newton with NCU or something else in os9 via
infrared? Or will I have to dig up a serial cable from somewhere? (and
should the wifi fall through, can I sync with todo/calendar/names/notes
with anything in os 9 via infrared?)

That said - looks like a great Email List here - glad to have lurked
and read for the past several days. If this email has been addressed
somewhere just tell me to shut up and dig for it elsewhere ;)

--James Nichols --- Illinois

---
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html