[NTLK] o/t-network administration software

From: mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 15:11:23 PST

can anyone suggest names of remote admin network software that i can then
research for poss purchase by our school

we're getting really tired of going class to class installing software and
fixing problems wi the setup or files
let alone cleaning up histories when someone has strayed into xxx land, and
trying to get rid of popups and spyware that creep through the firewall...
for 70 or so computers,it's a big job

bad enough to have to check is it plugged in, and printer jams

and report cards are coming, filemakerpro hell!!!!

there is a wan and a lan, and i don't know which we are, but my last
school--macs--had net assistant, and liked it

this one is mostly pcs, win 2000, but some imacs in the computer lab

clues please, i don't know where to start

thanks in advance

mimi

to keep this newtonish, i'm here in my new school three weeks wi the grade 8
spec ed, and found one emate owner among my students...without a charger,
but he's set up now (boy, is his battery in good shape!)
another has borrowed one of mine, and made his mum go on ebay to buy
one...it's coming soon
and we've got a lot of writing out of the others on my few other machines

our other activity right now is sewing--i'm embroidering a newton logo on my
apron

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html