[NTLK] A cure from the watchmaker. [was Re: Can Screen Scratches Be Removed?]

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 11:29:07 PST

>Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:35:52 -0600
>From: "Chris O'Byrne" <cobyrne_at_myclearwave.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Can Screen Scratches Be Removed?
  ...snip...
>Thank you, Peter! I don't know how I missed those. I think I'll try the
>CD repair stuff. I'll post back to the group how well it does or doesn't
>work.

Yo, Cris O' -

there's also some stuff available at jewellers/watchmakers that sell Swatch
watches. These have plastic "glasses" and scratch fairly easy, so where
there is demand, there might be a supply.

Don't know, though, how well that'll work for any of the coated antiglare
post-MP120 Newtons, might leave glossy spots where that resin or whatever
it is fills the grooves of the coating.

Much luck with the experiments,

DJV.

P.S.: Why don't you document that with pictures for the FAQ? Might be
interesting.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html