Re: [NTLK] OT drooling over mac (TAM advice)

From: David Schultz (evil_genius_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 09:53:47 PST

> I would beg to differ. Take a chance on a TAM if you would like to have
> one.
>
> Yeah, mine had the buzzing sound. Got a new base unit and the sound is
> gone.
>
> My TAM runs great now.

sushi

I had 3 separate Bose unit replacements, shipped and received 4 new cables,
and 3 main computer refits (packaging the entire computer with the bose unit
in a large box each time and sending it to Apple for refitting) and each
time the static (or buzz) came back. Frustrated? You bet. Atypical? Nope.

After Reading apple's discussions, I think I would have to find a really
good deal on a TAM before shelling out money for one. And considering its a
68040LC (I tried using it a few months ago, and was sad to find it was so
slow compared to my other computers I use now I couldnąt bear it) It would
have to be upgraded just like yours.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html