[NTLK] My Head, Catamount, Geek Gas? [was Re: Car Trouble: MPG - how to set liters and km instead]

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 09:56:20 PST

>From: "Len Cole" <leonard.cole_at_verizon.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Car Trouble: MPG - how to set liters and km instead of
>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:54:11 -0500
>
>You could ball-park it using 4 liters to a gallon (I know it's coarse) and
>8 km to 5 miles, easy to do in your head.

Len, would you pls. keep yer balls to yourself and make no assumptions about
the stauts of my head. ;=}

>From: "M Stocker" <knerml_at_neo.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Car Trouble: MPG - how to set liters and km instead of
>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:50:07 -0500
>
>I do not believe that MPG can be toggled between US and metric units.
>
>There are several different MPG releases, for different NOS's, languages
and
>units.
>
>http://www.catamount.com/NewtonApps/MPG.html

Thanks Mike, I'll check with Catamount. That page DOES say something about
litres and kilometres, so there is hope.
I have MPG 3.0, with manual and everthing (says Powermedia all over it,
musta been the distro), and I would like to keep that (from the
2.3b3-ReadMe: "Version 3.0 of MPG will be rewritten to take advantage of
some Newton OS 2.0 features and to add things such as reports.").

>Why yes there is...
>
>I'm using MPG 2.3b5 (UNNA). OK, I can't seem to find it, which is strange
>because I just did it a few weeks ago. Hmmmm, it might be in the original
>setup and once you set it it can't be changed? Anyone?

Sounds mystic, Paul, 'cos I found it e-z. ;=}

>From: "Newtopia" <MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Car Trouble: MPG - how to set liters and km instead
of gall
>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:29:36 -0800
>
>OK, MPG is build specific, so if you need US gallons and Kilometers, there's
>a build for that...
>
>It's on the page that Mike sent in a previous post, the builds are towards
>the bottom of the page...
>
>http://www.catamount.com/NewtonApps/MPG.html

And Paul again - ;=} I'll try and see how this works. Maybe there is a
upgrade scheme for 3.0 owners with wrong locality (the site mentions one
for owners of 2.2 and earlier).

Peter, what are the advantages of Geek Gas over MPG? Why do you use this?

Cheers,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html