Re: [NTLK] FW: Re: Gem Enterprises selling info from my site ***This is my first post ever, please make this a group reply***

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 10:05:43 PST

on 28/01/04 12:03 PM, David M. Ensteness at denstene_at_mac.com wrote:
> Because it is through lack of information that people purchase from you ...
    Firstly, in defence of GEM, I have had nothing but good experience in
dealing with them. The only problem I had was when Canada Customs opened a
box, did some minor damage to the Newt inside and didn't bother to properly
repack the contents. But that's not GEM's fault.
    When I ordered that Newt, I also received (at no charge) GEM's CD of
Newton software and manuals. I had most of the stuff on it already, but for
someone just starting out it would have been a great resource to get
started.
    Also, I found GEM's customer relations to be excellent. I was notified
when payment was received, when items shipped and encouraged to notify them
when packages arrived. In every case, the product was exactly as described.
    The wording of the eBay ad that got all this started is, as Victor has
noted, probably not the best. But, rather than slugging it out here, isn't
this an issue that possibly should be worked out between Frank and Gary?
    I think the idea of adding useful links to the software package is a
great ... I don't see any harm in pointing new Newton owners to UNNA,
NewtonTalk or other Newton sites.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html